Ford Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ford Owners Club's forum!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Club Rules  Club's Youtube  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to the Ford Owners Club forum!
MCLA cruises take place every Friday at 10pm UK (5pm ET)
GT5 cruises take place every Saturday at 10pm UK (5pm ET)

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wolfdragon97
Navigator
Navigator
wolfdragon97

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli   R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:08 pm

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli RIPMarcoSimoncelli

Marco Simoncelli, a MotoGP rider, was killed earlier today in a horrific crash at the Malaysian GP, involving American rider Colin Edwards and fellow Italian rider Valentino Rossi. Info from Wikipedia:
Quote :
Simoncelli was involved in an accident with Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi during the 2011 Malaysian GP at the Sepang International Circuit. In fourth position during lap two, Simoncelli's bike veered across the track and straight into the path of Edwards and Rossi. Edwards was injured with a dislocated shoulder, while Simoncelli lay still on the track after the crash, his helmet having come off during the incident. The race was immediately red-flagged. He was taken by ambulance to the circuit's medical centre, but at 16:56 local time it was announced that he had died from his injuries. Later, at a press conference involving members of the MotoGP Race Direction, Medical Director Michele Macchiagodena said that Simoncelli sustained "a very serious trauma to the head, to the neck and the chest", and was administered cardiopulmonary resuscitation for 45 minutes.

Video of the crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8oanwBCW8o

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli, you were a great talent and one of my favourite riders, gone too soon. My thoughts are with your friends and family.

Marco Simoncelli, January 20 1987 - October 23 2011 Crying or Very sad

Last edited by wolfdragon97 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://theblackmondeo.deviantart.com
TheShawnster
Administrator
Administrator
TheShawnster

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli   R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Theres been alot of race drivers killed this week, R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli! :'(
Back to top Go down
wolfdragon97
Navigator
Navigator
wolfdragon97

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli   R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Indeed. Last year, Moto 2 rider Shoya Tomizawa was killed on live TV when he crashed and a rider drove straight over his body - I watched that, and it wasn't nice. Last weekend, Indy car racer Dan Wheldon was killed - this weekend, Marco Simoncelli has been killed. I'm still shaken over this. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://theblackmondeo.deviantart.com
atomicnmd
Administrator
Administrator
atomicnmd

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli   R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:56 pm

ugh racing has taking its toll over the years
Back to top Go down
http://atomicnmd.deviantart.com/
ΩAηdroidΩ
ΩAηdroidΩ

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli   R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:29 pm

But, in the modern day it's quite rare to see a death in motorsports. Motorcycles are by far the most dangerous racing vehicles, because you have not roll cage, and no seat belts.

I gotta say though, I've never heard of Marco Simoncelli. I don't follow motorcycle racing xD

RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli   R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli Empty

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Owners Club :: General Categories :: Other Chat-
Jump to: