Ford Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ford Owners Club's forum!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Club Rules  Club's Youtube  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to the Ford Owners Club forum!
MCLA cruises take place every Friday at 10pm UK (5pm ET)
GT5 cruises take place every Saturday at 10pm UK (5pm ET)

SENNA a must see film

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BOM15
Navigator
Navigator
BOM15

SENNA a must see film Empty
PostSubject: SENNA a must see film   SENNA a must see film EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:10 pm

I watched SENNA last night. An absolutely must see film for any racing fan. For those who don't know SENNA is about Ayrton Senna's F1 Career. He went straight from go-karting to F1. His 1st race was at a rainy Monaco in perhaps the worst car of the season. A Toleman. He started 14th and made his way up through the field to 2nd, catching Alain Prost in a Mclaren at a rate of 3 seconds a lap. Prost got scared and asked for the race to be stopped. When the race was red flagged Senna was right on his gearbox. He was the original rain master. The following Season 1988 Senna was given a full drive in the Mclaren as Prosts team mate. In one race Senna in the same car was leading him by 55 seconds. Prost was humilated & angry. The war between the two had begun.

In 1994 Senna switched to Williams, a car he was never happy with. By this time he had won 3 world championships, although it should've been 4. The race was San Marino, Italy. Fridays practice Rubens Barichello took off in his F1 car hitting the top of the tyre wall in an horrific crash. Rubens was visibly shaken but walked away. On the Saturday Roland Ratzenberger also crashed hitting the Armco barrier at over a 100mph. The car was a mess, one side was ripped apart and u could see Ratzenbergers legs. He was motionless and later was declared dead. On Sunday on the grid Pedro Lamy stalled his car, JJ Lehto slammed into the back of him at full throttle. Luckily both walked away. On the Restart Senna was leading a young Michael Schumacher when tragedy struck.

I grew up watching Senna Race. He is the reason i watch F1. He never did it for money, it was his dream. Senna was a hero to many people. He donated money to charities, hospitals in his home country Brazil. He has a charity named after him created by his sister that has taught over 12 million children to read & write. Any current F1 driver will say that there hero is Ayrton Senna. He Always pushed the car beyond its limits, always went for that gap. His career was full of controversy. A true great and sadly missed to this day.
Back to top Go down
https://picasaweb.google.com/Cerbera15
TheShawnster
Administrator
Administrator
TheShawnster

PostSubject: Re: SENNA a must see film   SENNA a must see film EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm definitely getting this for christmas. I don't know much about Ayrton Senna, but I respect him greatly.
Back to top Go down
cgaspar1
Administrator
Administrator
cgaspar1

PostSubject: Re: SENNA a must see film   SENNA a must see film EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:49 am

Ayrton Senna Must Be The Best F1 Driver Ever I've Seen Videos And He Was Absoluctly Amazing My Top 10 F1 Drivers To Me Are:
1st-Ayrton Senna;
2nd - Michael Schumacher;
3rd - Niki Lauda;
4th - Jackie Stewart;
5th - Gilles Villleneuve;
6th - Emerson Fitipaldi;
7th - Sebastian Vettel;
8th - Jacky Ickx;
9th - Felipe Massa;
Back to top Go down
BOM15
Navigator
Navigator
BOM15

PostSubject: Re: SENNA a must see film   SENNA a must see film EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:44 pm

ur missing a driver tiago. my top ten would probs be

1: Ayrton Senna
2: Jackie Stewart
3: Stirling Moss
4:Mika Hakkinen
5:Graham Hill
6:Niki Lauda
7:Emerson Fittipaldi
8:Jim Clark
9:Jenson Button
10:Juan Manuel Fangio
Back to top Go down